The default interface of the script consists of 3 main parts: top button (menu), file list, and bottom button (action) with progress bar. When you click the + button (show merge settings), 3 expandable rollouts will appear. Click – button to hide it again.
The image above shows the script interface in 3 states: default, when show merge settings, and when in dockable mode. Note that when Smart Merge is in dockable mode, merge settings will always be visible and you cannot collapse them.
Top Button (Menu)
- List Mode: click on this button to switch list mode. The script has 2 list mode: Processing List (PRO) and History List (HIS).
- Auto Merge Mode: automatically merge when adding files to the script via drag and drop or +Files button.
- Clean Temporary Data: clean all extracted files in current temporary folder. Note that you may lose textures and assets that came with the model if you haven’t collected them yet. Use the Remove button instead if you just want to clean the list. When using this feature, a warning will appear, click Yes if you want to continue.
- Check For Update: check the latest version of the script. Only available in full version.
- About Smart Merge: show information about the current script version. You can also Activate or Deactivate script license here.
- Script System Settings: displays the script’s System Settings dialog.
- Show Merge Settings: show extra merge settings: General Settings, Model Optimize, and Post Process.
- Dock Script Dialog: switch to dockable mode and vice versa.
File List (Process and History)
- Processing List will display a list of files imported into the script and waiting to be merged. History List displays the list of files that have been merged into the script. You can switch between these two modes with the List Mode button. The Merge and Remove buttons can be used with both types of lists.
- You can double click on the file name to merge it into current scene, work with both processing list and history list.
- In full version, you can use Ctrl or Shift button to select multiple files at once to merge or delete.
- Also, in full version, you can drag & drop files here to import.
- When unlocking the right-click menu in full version, you will also unlock some features such as: show file info, find render preview, show file thumbnail, paste file from clipboard.
Bottom Button (Action)
- Add File: click to import new files into the script. In free version, you will only be able to select 1 file per import.
- Delete File: remove the selected file from the list. Right click to delete all.
- Merge: remove the selected file into current scene. Right click to merge all (only available in full version).
- Process Bar: shows the progress of decompression and merge.
- As mentioned above, this section only appears when you click the Show Extract Settings button.
- You can adjust the order of rollouts in the current session. However, it will automatically reset on the next start up.